Skip to main content


Donor Advised Funds & IRA Giving

Donor-Advised Funds, or DAFs, provide you with a flexible way to give to Animal Humane New Mexico while enjoying some favorable tax benefits.

DAFs, allow you to place money into a charitable investment account (creating an immediate tax deduction) from which you may make donations to nonprofits over time.

How to Make a Gift from Your Donor-Advised Fund

  1. Ask your financial advisor or organization that manages your DAF to make a gift directly to the Cabarrus County Education Foundation from your DAF account.
  2. Follow the instructions provided by your fund regarding minimum contributions and the process for recommending grants.
  3. Contact us online or call 704.260.5608 with your contact information, company where your DAF is held and the amount. This ensures that we are able to properly credit and acknowledge your gift.
  4. You can use a DAF to make regular monthly, quarterly or annual donations.
  5. Consider naming the Cabarrus County Education Foundation as the beneficiary of your DAF.


If you are 70.5 or older, you are required to make an annual withdrawal from your traditional IRA or Roth IRA. However, if you make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD), also known as an IRA Charitable Rollover, directly from your IRA you may reap several advantages.

A gift transfer directly from your IRA to the Cabarrus County Education Foundation bypasses your gross income, possibly keeping you in a lower tax bracket.

A QCD increases your potential annual charitable deduction without the need to itemize.

Up to $100,000 in IRA funds may be counted as QCDs annually or $200,000 for married couples.

By having your distribution transferred directly to CCEF, you will become a champion of our future leaders - creating real-life experiences that promote the development of foundational life skills for our Cabarrus County Schools' students.. 

You may also consider naming the Cabarrus County Education Foundation as the beneficiary of your IRA, either in part or whole.

Don’t wait until December. Talk with our accountant or financial advisor now to confirm your options.

Contact your financial professional to initiate a transfer today!